Dear guests, here you will find all the information that is good to know in the current Situation.
Wir freuen uns Sie wieder bei uns im Seehotel Am Kaiserstrand als Übernachtungsgäste begrüßen zu dürfen.
Buchen Sie Ihre Übernachtung ganz einfach unter email@example.com oder rufen Sie uns unter +43 5574 58 111 an.
We are delighted to welcome you to the Austria shore of Lake Constance and the Seehotel Am Kaiserstrand. Despite the current COVID-19 situation you shall still get a holiday feel and spirit.
To make your stay safe and relaxing as possible, numerous safety and hygienic measures have been implemented. Safety first!
The three Gs stand for evidence of a low epidemiological risk. A low epidemiological risk can be assumed for the following groups of people.
- Vaccinated persons
- Tested persons
- Recovered persons
The evidence for vaccinated, recovered, and tested persons are equal to each other, but differ in their validity period. Here are the details of the 3G rule:
- First vaccination counts as proof from day 22 and then counts as proof for three months from vaccination for admissions or for nine months if you already had COVID-19 21 days before first vaccination
- Second vaccination is valid for 9 months from the initial vaccination as proof
- For vaccinations where only one vaccination is scheduled, it counts as proof from day 22, and then counts as proof for nine months from vaccination for entries
Tested (officially proven):
- Proof from an authorized agency of a negative result from a PCR test (validity: 72 hours) Proof from an authorized agency (test lane, pharmacy, etc.) of a negative result from an antigen test (validity: 48 hours)
- Evidence of an antigen test for self-testing recorded in an official data processing system (validity: 24 hours)
- Self-testing under supervision at a facility, but valid only for the duration of the individual stay/entry
- School testing, which is mandatory 3 times per week at schools using an antigen self-test and recorded in the Corona test passport (validity: 48 hours).
- Segregation certificate if issued for a person documented to have been ill with SARS-CoV-2 in the six months prior to the scheduled testing.
- Medical confirmation of a molecularly confirmed infection that has occurred in the last six months and has currently expired.
- Proof of neutralizing antibodies (antibody test), which must not be older than three months.
In principle, the borders to Austria are open. As of May 19, 2021, new entry regulations will apply. In the future, Austria will be guided by the ECDC map for risk areas.
- green/orange: free entry
- red: entry only for tested, vaccinated, or recovered persons
- dark red: entry only for tested, vaccinated or recovered persons plus quarantine (free testing after 5 days)
Click here to go directly to the map: ECDC map for risk areas
This means that entry from countries with a 14-day incidence below 500 (equivalent to a 7-day incidence of 250) that are not virus mutation areas will be possible without quarantine. The details of the upcoming regulation, as well as entry requirements from non-EU countries, are still being worked out.
Our tip: If you have not yet been vaccinated or have overcome the disease, take a Corona test at home before departure and travel only with an official negative test result and healthy. Please note that antigen tests are only valid for 48 hours. Home tests without digital verification are unfortunately not valid.
What do I have to consider when arriving at the hotel?
- Send us in advance your complete address data as well as the names and addresses of all persons traveling with you, that facilitates the check-in. Registration at the hotel is obligatory.
- Arrive in good health only.
- At check-in you must present an official negative test result, a vaccination certificate of a complete vaccination or the confirmation of a passed and healed COVID disease (see 3G rule). Depending on the length of stay and the validity of the certificate, this proof may have to be renewed and presented again during the stay.
- All guests are required to wear FFP2 masks when entering and moving within the hotel premises.
What applies during the stay in the hotel?
- Always keep the minimum distance of 2 meters between you and other people who do not form a household with you.
- Disinfect your hands and wear an FFP2 mask in all indoor areas.
- Always have proof of a current valid negative test, vaccination, or proof of recovery available. Note, proof must be updated if it becomes invalid.
- Catering establishments may be operated both indoors and outdoors.
- Registration is mandatory.
- You need a negative test result, a vaccination certificate or confirmation that you have been through an illness
- Outdoors, a maximum of 10 adults may sit at a table, and indoors, a maximum of 4 adults plus a maximum of 6 underage children
- In enclosed areas, consumption may only take place in a seated position.
- Consumption at the bar/directly at the serving area is not permitted.
- Self-service buffets may be operated under hygiene requirements.
- FFP2 masks mandatory when entering and moving within the premises.
- Two meters distance between people of foreign tables.
- Closing time is at 10 pm
- As a registered, i.e. checked-in, house guest, you do not have to register separately by scanning the QR code for breakfast and dinner in the Wellenstein restaurant. Here, a table reservation and the indication of your name and room number at the restaurant entrance is sufficient. Please wait - at a distance - until we seat you.
- You will have to show the proof of negative testing again at the reception when the proof shown for check-in expires, so that you do not have to show proof when entering the restaurant, i.e. for example:
You arrive with a negative antigen test taken the day before arrival and you are in the house for 3 days. The antigen test is valid for 48 hours from the time the test is evaluated, i.e. you must retest one day after arrival and provide the result.
- For the bathhouse, for the lake garden and the outdoor terraces we ask you to register. You will find QR codes on the tables to scan.
- Please note that you may also use the bathhouse, the lake garden and the outdoor terraces only with a certificate that complies with the 3G rule.
- FFP2 mask in the general areas (e.g. at the reception, in the changing room,).
- For access, you as a house guest, the same applies as for the restaurant for breakfast or dinner.
- Registration obligation, you must register for the time of use and sign out again when finished.
- In principle, a distance of 2 meters from other persons must be maintained
- There are currently strict conditions on the number of people allowed per square meter
- There is no requirement to wear masks during sports practice, this also applies to the wet areas.
Please note: Due to the strict regulations in the wellness area, it may happen that not all services are freely available at all times and we ask you to make reservations for sauna & co. We ask for your understanding for these measures. They serve your safety.
Depending on where you are traveling to us from, different regulations will apply for the return journey. We recommend that you check the current regulations for your home country, state, etc. before you travel.
Yes, the state of Vorarlberg has taken out insurance for all Vorarlberg vacationers.
This Covid 19 cancellation insurance automatically applies to all existing and future overnight bookings in Vorarlberg with arrival by October 31, 2021 in the event of Covid 19 illness or officially ordered personal quarantine on you or your family members in the shared household prior to travel.
No action is required on your part or on the part of the establishment for coverage to be valid. The only requirement is proof of booking confirmation, cancellation invoice including cancellation summary and official/medical confirmation of illness to Covid-19 or official quarantine notice for the time of travel. This means for you: Your vacation is covered both in the event of illness and also in the event of officially ordered personal quarantine with you and your family members in the same household.
Here you can find more information: Safe as a Guest in Vorarlberg - Cancellation and Insurance
Here are a number of links for more information on the COVID situation, your trip, etc.
Corona Dashboard Vorarlberg:
Entry & journey home
Germany: Federal Foreign Office/Safe Travel
Switzerland: Federal Office of Public Health
General information about vacations in Austria in times of Corona:
- We test our employees weekly with a PCR test as part of supervised, certified occupational testing.
- We wear FFP2 masks or mouth-to-nose protection (the latter is allowed by continuous testing).
- We use Plexiglas partitions where contact is somewhat prolonged and it is appropriate, such as at the front desk.
- We put distance markers for orientation.
- We direct and control visitor flows.
- We keep a distance of 2 meters and make sure that hygiene rules are observed.
- We have a digital guest guide for you, but we are still available to answer your questions in analog form.
- We have work with darfichreich.de and QR code scan for a straightforward registration.
- We work with reservation times where possible and reasonable to limit the number of contacts and create enough distance, e.g. at dinner and breakfast or in the spa area.
- We have COVID officers & a prevention concept for all areas.
- We have trained our staff on the new increased hygiene standards and continually refresh training.
- After each room cleaning, surfaces are disinfected with a disposable disinfectant wipe.
- We air regularly and extensively.
- All hotel linen is washed according to strict hygiene regulations.
- Disinfection racks are distributed throughout the hotel in useful places.
- The cleaning cycle in public areas, especially in important places such as door handles, toilets or elevator is increased.
- We will inform you about the possibilities to get tested on site in Vorarlberg and give assistance to register at the COVID portal of the province Vorarlberg.
- We will have self-test with QR registration available for you at the reception.